Do you own a Vitamix or would love to own one this upcoming holiday season? You will love owning one especially because you love salsa, want to live a healthier life, and want to achieve budget friendly meals. Plus, Vitamix also gives you endless recipes where you will receive a recipe book with the purchase of a model you choose and you can also view recipes online as well. Yes, indeed spending money on a machine is spendy but in the long run, you will be able to make endless recipes. With the amount you spend on a tub versus making your own salsa, you will yield more salsa in your Vitamix for a fraction of the cost. Plus, you are aware of what you put in your salsa and your recipe would be free of preservatives and colors in your food.
Follow me on my blog to view more of the benefits of owning a Vitamix. Periodically I will post great recipes using the Vitamix and how you would be intrigued to own one if you have not made your purchase. Also, click on this link to view the pros and cons between juicing vs. smoothies where you can decide which machine is better for you.
Are you ready to make a Quick and Easy California Salsa? Well let the party begin because who does not like sunny California?!
Yields: Approx. 5 cups (1.2 kg)
Total Time: Roughly 15 minutes
½ medium onion (peeled and quick chop in large quarters)
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membranes removed (if you do not want it spicy)
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt or garlic salt (optional)
6 ripe Roma tomatoes, chop in half or in quarters
- Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix container in the order listed above and secure the lid (onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lemon juice and six of the tomato quarters).
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on the machine and begin the process by slowly increasing the speed up to Variable 5.
- Use your tamper to push down the ingredients into the blades.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug and add remaining tomatoes through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or to your desired preference. Over blending will make the salsa more of a puree form. If you desire a chunkier salsa, use the Pulse function of the machine to create your desired consistency. If you need to use the tamper to push down the ingredients you can use that too.
- Serve with chips and some guacamole and you are all set to go!
Note: All ingredients and quantities portions are open to your desire to modify.