A Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Need another Slow Cooker recipe? Here is a quick one that I discovered from Aubrey at Real Housemoms, Real Food for Real Housemoms. This is a simple dish with popping in a few ingredients into the slow cooker and your chicken will be done in a couple hours!! This recipe will have you crave for a family taco/burrito/enchilada night. Check out my next blog post on making Enchiladas!!
1 lb. Chicken Breast or Boneless Chicken Thighs (Frozen or fresh)
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
½ teaspoon Chili Powder
Prep Time: Fresh Chicken- Place on low for 3-4 Hours. Frozen Chicken- 3-4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Dice onion and add to the bottom of the slower cooker
- Lay the chicken over the chopped onions (If the chicken is frozen, it will defrost as it cooks)
- In a small and separate bowl, combine: remaining dry ingredients with the Swanson Chicken Broth and pour over the chicken and onion layer.
- Once the chicken has fully cooked, remove chicken pieces and place them onto a cutting board. Shred chicken to smaller pieces and to your preference, then add the chicken pieces back into the slower cooker to soak in more juice.
- Warm up your tortillas and fill the tortillas with this delicious chicken recipe.
After you try this slower cooker chicken recipe, you could do so many endless recipes with the chicken. Add it to pastas or rice, bread for sandwiches, and much more. Please share with us what ideas you have when making this recipe and how you incorporated the chicken into your meal!