Do you love that campfire treat with crispy outer marshmallows that melt in your mouth sandwiched with chocolate and that oh delicious Graham Cracker? Well, let’s fix that a little bit because not all of us can get that perfect camping experience right? I came across this recipe from Home Made Interest and it caught my eye because it looked like a great balance of chocolatey, crunchy, chewy and sweet. If you are like me, I love brownies. Especially the chewy ones but not the fudge or cake brownies that represent too close to the cake consistency. In addition, the fun and ease in making this recipe made it even more enticing! Well, the adventure of making these awesome S’more Brownie Treats were a success. The recipe called for a couple of ingredients and with some mixin and bakin you have yourself a very tasty treat and you can be ready to snuggle up with a fun movie and a blanket munching on these babies!!
Let’s get started and let the mixin and bakin begin!
Prep Time: approx 10 mins.
Cook Time: approx 30 mins
Serves: Approx 10 people
¼ cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I preheated my oven to the direction of the box or you can also preheat the oven to 375 too. Every oven is different, we don’t want burnt brownies right?)
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie mix and mix all the ingredients (egg, water, and brownie mix) together until you see a smooth consistency in the batter. Do not lick any of the mix if at all possible because it has an uncooked egg in it! Just say’n.
- In a saucepan, melt ¼ cup of butter (salted or unsalted will work great)
- Mix the butter with the entire container of Jet-Puffed until smooth.
- Spray cooking spray onto your pan or coat your pan with a thin layer of butter or oil in your baking pan to prevent sticking treats.
- Cover your pan with a layer of Graham Crackers. Break additional Graham crackers to fill empty spots if you like.
- Pour half of the brownie mix over the first layer of Graham Crackers.
- Then layer an additional layer of Graham Crackers over the brownie mix (optional).
- Pour the remaining brownie mix mixture over the layer of Graham Crackers.
- Slather on the Marshmallow/Jet-Puffed mixture over the top of the brownie mixture.
- Run a butter knife or knife over the marshmallow mixture to create a marbled look by mixing the mixture with some of the brownie mix until you reach the desired look.
- Bake the brownies at the desired time identified on the back of the brownie box recipe.
- Rotate the brownie tray mid-way through to be sure that the heat is evenly distributed.
Adding additional Graham cracker layers are to your desire. Some prefer a thinner amount of Graham Cracker filling while others prefer more. In this trial, I used two layers of Graham Crackers. Graham Crackers, brownie mix, graham crackers, remaining brownie mix and then the marshmallow butter mix to seal the deal!