Spring is in the season and so are fun colors that brighten our day. Here I have made an infinity scarf out of T-Shirts with no sewing needed. All you need are a pair of shears (preferably fabric shears) as you will be cutting fabric and an old or new T-Shirt of your choice. An optional material would be to have a rotary cutting blade, cutting mat, and ruler if you would like to have a precise cut for each strip of your shirt. Let the fun begin!
Old or new T-Shirts that can be cut
A pair of fabric cutting shears
- Lay your T-shirt flat and smooth out any possible fabric folds.
- Cut across your T-shirt right below the armpit of the shirt.
- Begin cutting your strips on a one-inch width and stop about one inch at the very top of your shirt (the opposite end from where you started).
- Once you get to the folded seem of the shirt, cut off the edge and place aside.
- Hold up the cut T-Shirt and it will look like a skirt with pleats.
- Run your arm through the “waistband” of the shirt and gather the fabric together making an “O” with the shirt.
- Lay flat and stretch out the “O” and twist to arrange the scarf to your liking.
- Then use your folded seem or cut a strip from your other piece of the T-Shirt and tie a knot around the gathered side of the scarf.
- Wrap the strip around your scarf to secure and cover the “waistband” of your shirt.
- Once you get to the end, knot the strip.
- There you will have your awesome no sew T-Shirt scarf!
Also, check out this video demonstration to see where I got the inspiration from (The SITS Girls) to make this infinity scarf.